- Safe Group Riding
- Road ID: It could save your life!
- Street Smarts: An excellent booklet that explains the what, how, and why of safe riding techniques. A must read!
- Group Biking for Fun & Safety: Rules of the Road
- Cycling Past 50
- Bike for Life: How to Ride to 100
- Younger Next Year: A Guide to Living Like 50 Until You’re 80 and Beyond
- New! The Bicycle Garage: A Guide for Bike Riders
A comprehensive collection of cycling resources including safety, commuting, routes, websites, forums, history, and the many health benefits of cycling. (Thanks to a Boy Scout for providing this link.)
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition (LACBC)
The most effective Los Angeles area bicycle advocacy organization. Includes links to other regional, state and national organizations.
- League of American Bicyclists (LAB)
The largest national bicycle advocacy organization.
- Road Bike Rider Online (RBR)
Very informative free weekly newsletter and affordable e-books on a wide variety of bicycling topics.
- Adventure Cycling Association (ACA)
Largest cycling membership organization in the US. Their focus is on touring including bicycle touring maps and routes over the entire USA.
Free bicycle routes based on Google Maps. Search for a route in your area, or add your favorite routes.
- Los Angeles Bike Paths
A guide to ‘Class I’ bike paths around Los Angeles and Northern Orange Counties.
- Sheldon Brown
Over 200 very well-written “How to” articles on bicycle riding, maintenance, and upgrading written by a highly-regarded and beloved bicycle guru, the late Sheldon Brown. Even if you don’t want to maintain your own bike, you should read the articles that interest you.
- Bike Forums
A very active on-line cycling community of forums for virtually every type of bike, type of riding, or type of rider. Also includes regional forums and a market place to buy and sell. For “older” riders, be sure to check out the Fifty Plus (50+) forum.